My sister came up from Atlanta this weekend to help us out on the home front since my Mom had to go back for some appointments. She has been so helpful to us and the kids love her being here. She took Sophie to McD’s and had some special girl time with her. Then they went peony picking. *Insert high-pitched little girl squeal. I now am gazing at them as I type. Pink flowers do a number on me almost as powerful as my pain meds. Ha! Kidding.
Linda also got to take Sophie to her soccer game and see her play which was awesome fun. And she she got to be a part of Mom’s In Prayer which met at my house. MIP is one of the greatest highlights of my week so I was really glad she could meet these awesome ladies that I pray with every week. She understands the power of a prayer group because she has her own group back home. She and I have had our own sweet times of prayer together and that has been really neat too. We don’t get that much living six hours away.
I love the picture of Sophie and Aunt Linda talking together. They were discussing stories of nostril entrapment. Deep issues in this household. Linda got a green pea stuck up her nose when she was little in our Grandmother’s garden. The kids loved hearing that story. And so did I honestly.
And here Sophie is reading a funny card from a friend. And yes, my children have overtaken my main source of transportation – my wheelchair! Every afternoon Sophie comes home and I give her an obstacle course assignment with the wheelchair and we time her. So she wheels into the living room and parks and does a flip on the couch and wheels back to foyer where she does three circles and back to dining room. She gets 3 chances to get the best time. It’s really become something she looks forward to each afternoon. And me too actually.
And for other awesomeness on the home front this week:
- A friend brought over essential oils for me to try out – I’m especially liking the topical for the swelling in my ankle and I actually think it’s making a difference.
- Our church is still overwhelming us with love and support through prayers, meals and words of encouragement.
- Another friend sent a funny card and money to replace my black pants “that EMS ripped off my hot body” as she put it. BaHahahaha!!!!! I thought that was so sweet and am so appreciative.
- Someone brought over gorgeous white peonies.
- Our school cheerleading team baked and brought over cookies and left on our front porch at 2:00am. It took me all day to figure out who they were from but I finally figured it out! So sweet of them.
- My sister is working so hard and staying busy – changing sheets, cleaning the kitchen, getting the things I need, helping with end of year teacher gifts errands, banking, carpooling the kids and so much more. She has been a blessing.
- I am sleeping sooooooo much better.